• Right in the centre of town
• Recently refurbish room – new carpet, bed, furniture and lighting
• Small TV mounted on wall.
• Plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants immediately outside the hotel and many more within 300m of the hotel.
• Professional receptionist.
• Traffic noise to 2am – with ear plugs and the windows & shutters closed I was awakened several times with traffic noise. There is a busy road junction immediately outside of the hotel.
• People in adjoining rooms smoked marijuana and cigarettes and the smell was strongly & permanently in my room. I cleared it out once by opening the windows but it was a chilly night. After the first night reception offered me a room on a higher floor – but I wanted out by that point.
• Bathroom hadn’t been refurbished and was dated and small. Shower was very small and very hard to avoid soaking the floor.
• Breakfast was middling with a snotty waiter who seemed to think I was very stupid not to be able to operate a coffee machine that I hadn’t seen before. Greek guests were asked about extras and these were provided from the kitchen. I wasn’t asked if I wanted these extras. The coffee was poor even by hotel standards.
• No kettle, tumblers or cups in the room.
• Parking is on the street with no supervision. At busy times it is necessary to park some distance away from the hotel in order to get space. I was parked 3 blocks away – the closest I could get.
• The bedroom was small for 1