Read great reviews online, however, our crew was overall disappointed with our stay for several reasons:
- address listed was incorrect so we drove to two different locations / paid for two cabs, which is rather frustrating. the locals never heard of the hotel so I assume it's fairly new. we even relisted the location on google maps with the owner upon arrival..!
- the room isn't a real "room" but more like a garage with makeshift wall - the sliding door was locked with a padlock and could only be locked from the outside - meaning we had to sleep with our door unlocked all evening. one of the AC units also did not work.
- a club is located nearby on the same property so expect VERY loud music till 2am. wish this was disclosed prior as we may not have stayed here - had to sleep with earplugs in.
- beds were rather stiff as well so this may be an issue for some.
- staff was so lovely! the owner is fantastic and very helpful - he helped arrange a boat tour for us as well as travel back to hai phong. the wife is also very friendly.
- food was excellent. we thought breakfast was included (also a con I suppose as the menu even says guests receive breakfast between 8-11am but the staff claimed it was not included in our booking..) - while they were out of bread both days (?!?!?) in addition to several other things listed like fruit juice, the noodle soup and egg noodles were both delish. good portions as well.